We respect and value the privacy of all of our clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, BOM Group Limited is the Data Controller.
For data protection queries, please contact Nic Symonds, email address: email@example.com, postal address: Clue House, Central Trading Estate, Petherton Road, Hengrove, Bristol, BS14 9BZ.
What data we collect information
BOM IT Solutions use a number of tracking methods to help understand how visitors interact with the BOM website in an effort to improve our digital services and help online visitors get the information they need.
- Google Analytics – BOM currently use the Google Analytics cookie to help our business understand how visitors engage with online information. We may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘_ga’ cookie.
- Who is visiting – we currently use Who is visiting to help us understand how companies found us and what they’re interested in. For more information visit https://www.whoisvisiting.com
How we collect and process visitor information in the following:
- Online Quotation Data Capture Form – the ‘Request a quote‘ form collects personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, company information and services you are interested in to help BOM understand how we can help your business.
- General Data Capture Form – our general contact form allows any visitor to get in touch with BOM. We ask our visitors to provide their name, contact information and brief message about their enquiry.
How data is collected
Personal data is obtained from one or more of the following:
- Parties entering into agreements with BOM
- Company support portals
- Attendees of corporate seminars and webinars hosted by BOM
- Requests for information about products and services offered by BOM
- Visit and use of the BOM website
What we do with the data we collect
Personal data may be used to:
- Process orders, process a request for further information, to maintain records and to provide pre / after-sales service.
- Pass to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide pre / after-sales service;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Comply with legal requirements;
- Assist third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how clients use our site and issuing our emails for us;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you marketing communications that may be of interest to you about our products and services. These may include information about product updates, newsletters, events, webinars;
- All marketing communications sent to you by BOM Group will provide you with the option to unsubscribe and communication preferences from BOM Group at any time.
We have identified the lawful basis for the processing of data for the above activities as legitimate interests. The legitimate interest is that of conducting business as an IT Services Provider.
Who we share your data with
We may share your contact details with Sub-Contractors to deliver IT Services.
The General Data Protection Regulation provides data subjects certain rights relating to the processing of their personal data. Given the nature of personal data processed by us, and the lawful basis we have identified for doing so you have the following rights:
- You may request from us access to the personal data we process concerning you through making a subject access request (SAR).
- You may request rectification of the personal data we process concerning you where it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- You may request, subject to certain criteria, the erasure of the personal data we process concerning you.
- You may request that we restrict the processing of personal data concerning you. Restriction means that we will only store the personal data and not further process it.
- You have the right to object to our processing your personal data.
- You have the right to data portability whereby we will provide you (or another data controller where technically feasible) your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You can make a request expressing your rights by contacting us at the details provided above.
If you want to express any of these rights, contact us using details at the top of this notice.
Lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you feel that your personal data has been, or is being, processed in an inappropriate manner; or you feel that your rights, as described above have been infringed, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s supervisory authority regarding data protection matters and has a responsibility to act on complaints made to it. You may lodge a complaint by visiting the website below or calling the ICO’s helpline on 0303 123 1113.